ORBIT, a German based technology startup, is expanding their team in Hamburg and is currently looking for a lead developer (m/f).
Founded by two experienced entrepreneurs, ORBIT empowers large companies to benefit from the opportunities of the challenging and fast-moving world of digitalization.
ORBIT launches into 2017, ready to capitalize on the tremendous movement of digitalization, heavily impacting the digital future of large organizations.
If you are passionate about technical trends, eager to work within a team of digital leaders and an immense opportunity of personal development and growth, become part of our dynamic startup culture.
Take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their business strategies and goals. Provide Technical leadership across all areas of the enterprise, to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions
About the position:
Our clients are organisations with ambitious missions, where we deliver complex enterprise systems to help them solve their toughest business problems. As a lead software developer at ORBIT you have total responsibility for technical delivery on a client engagement so you are likely to have extensive experience.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Be an inspiration of innovation to the client and your co-workers
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met
- Orchestrate the management of technology scope and risks
- Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coach on technologies and establishing a team wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction
- Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
- Code! We don’t subscribe to the “post-technical” ivory tower leadership style
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Represent a startup mindset and hands-on attitude (you don’t necessarily need to come from a startup)
- Proven track record in deriving impactful products from business goals and user needs and bringing them to market
- Expertise in multiple technologies (including Java, .Net, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/Scala/Clojure etc) across software engineering, security, data interchange, data management etc
- Experience as an architect or leading and inspiring software development teams
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Significant software development and infrastructure architecture experience in designing and architecting enterprise web applications
- Understanding of the issues businesses face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
What we offer:
- A dynamic startup environment with plenty of room to shape the way we work and grow over the coming years.
- Flat hierarchies and decisions on eye level.
- A slick office right in the heart of Hamburg and an international development team in sunny Barcelona.
- The perspective to grow – both in a personal and professional way.
- All the hardware and creative tools you need.
- A competitive salary.