ORBIT, a German technology startup, is expanding their team in Hamburg and is currently looking for a (senior) product manager (m/f).
Founded by two experienced entrepreneurs, ORBIT empowers large companies to benefit from the opportunities of the challenging and fast-moving world of digitalization.
ORBIT launches into 2017, ready to capitalize on the tremendous movement of digitalization, heavily impacting the digital future of large organizations.
Oversee the progress of product strategy & discovery processes for our clients, pushing new ideas from early stages into development-ready states.
Make sure, you always stay on top of the project`s schedule, all needed internal and external deliverables, and keep everyone up to date with the status of the project.
About the position:
We’re looking for a passionate and structured product person with a background in consulting or UX and a proven track record in managing digital products within challenging stakeholder environments.
You’ll report directly to the ORBIT management team and collaborate closely with our clients’ product and business owners.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Focus on building the right product. Start with the why and work yourself from determined user needs and first prototypes until the validation of key hypotheses.
- Orchestrate the design process of translating wireframes and click dummies into desirable visual designs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Engineering, Management and external Business Owners) to define, prioritize and execute a roadmap on time
- Keeping track of agreed concepts and decisions by facilitating stakeholder meetings and making timelines transparent to everybody involved
- Help our client structuring their requirements and operational processes in order to drive the product development process forward
- Own and represent (your) product decisions within an environment of opinionated experts
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Represent a startup mindset and hands-on attitude (you don’t necessarily need to come from a startup)
- Strong project management skills and structured thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
- A sound understanding of software development and mobile user experience to communicate with technical and design-minded stakeholders
- Keeping focus on the overall outcome of a product and not getting lost in details of single features
- Professional experience in a product role launching b2c or b2b products on web or mobile platforms is a strong plus
- Keen to work with best-practice agile development methods – prior experience in this field is a plus
- Practical experience in conducting user research (qualitative & quantitative) as well as usability testing and validating hypotheses without code is a plus
What we offer:
- A dynamic startup environment with plenty of room to shape the way we work and grow over the coming years.
- Flat hierarchies and decisions on eye level.
- A slick office right in the heart of Hamburg and a international development team in sunny Barcelona.
- The perspective to grow – both in a personal and professional way.
- All the hardware and creative tools you need.
- A competitive salary.